Meet the New Cotton Ease!


c-e
Originally uploaded by kbshee.
Same as the old cotton ease!

My six skeins of the 'new' cotton ease in Charcoal arrived last night. A label comparison shows that nothing has changed except the colors: the 'new' is even made in Turkey, just like the 'old'. The color charcoal is very saturated...in some light it looks blue gray, in other light it looks almost blue brown, if that makes any sense at all.

In myhand I'm holding three strands: from the left, 'old' licorice, 'new' charcola, 'old' cherry red. The twist on the 'new' is a bit tighter than on the licorice but pretty much the same as the red. They feel exactly the same. So buy the new cotton-ease with confidence, my friends.


str
Originally uploaded by kbshee.
And how much do I love, absolutely love, being a member of the Rockin' Socks club? The last mailing of the year not only had a great new red mix, mustang sally (on the bottom) but also a bonus skein called 'rare gems', purportedly a booboo by the dyers but incredibly beautiful! I may try a fair isle a la Blue Moon with these two colors.

Finally, I did want to let you know that my re-sock-lution is complete, with a donation of $50 to Heifer International . I know I didn't keep up the count too well on the sidebar (understatement) but I did keep track and fulfill my promise.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh! I'm so jealous - I didn't get my STR yet. It looks gorgeous!
susan said…
Where did you find the "new" cotton ease? I looked on the lion brand website and all but the pineapple yellow are discontinued. I called Michael's and JoAnn's and they didn't have it. Is it still being produced by Lion Brand or has another company taken it over? I'm soooo excited to hear that it's back!!!!
Kim in Oregon said…
Susan, I bought it from Discount Yarn sale (www.discountyarnsale.com).
Jen said…
Oh wow, I need to join the rockin socks club!!
Life's a Stitch said…
I'm a cotton ease virgin. Looking forward to it :)
Li

Popular Posts