The Cotton-Easy Sweater!


cotton-easy
Originally uploaded by kbshee.
To celebrate the return of one of my favorite yarns, cotton-ease, I knit this cardigan and sort of made it up as I went along. First, a square for the back that was about 21 inches x 21 inches (the last two inches were ribbing). Then two front that were stockinette but ended in a ribbed button band. Then I picked up stitches for the sleeves. I actually have some detailed notes on how I knit this so if you have any need of a sweater that fits a 42" person let me know and I'll write up the pattern for you.

I also made the buttons,,,hand felted with leftover roving. They are red, purple, and black, and look good with the color of cotton-ease, which is called charcoal and is about one or two shades awy from being black.

It continues to be cold here (it hasn't been above freezing for several days, very rare for a place which rarely goes below freezing). Yet, my trashy next door neighbors still felt it necessary to party in their hot tub at 4 a.m. I know it's a hot tub, but isn't it still too cold?

Comments

Carol said…
Great sweater Kim! I love that you made the buttons too! I have a particular liking for Cotton Ease too! Florida does that & the better I got at knitting, the easier it is to knit with cotton. OMG! Hot tub in that weather? If you can make your neighbors move, I'll buy their place. We don't do hot tubs;) I did the 6 Weird Things meme. I probably could have done 2. Stay warm & knit alot!
Carol said…
Funny you hop too? LOL-Like I said, what ever gets the strike! I am casting on for those socks! The hats are going quick anyway! Linus would love a sister, he's tired of Dolly and since we've been opening the windows, he's talking to the cats outside.
Kim said…
Great job on the sweater - you are braver than I for making it up. And in black! And handmade buttons! An inspiration for the future, for sure!

Popular Posts