Random Thoughts and Pictures


a fuzzy
Originally uploaded by kbshee.
1. I finished my first hat for Boston's Children's Hospital. It's made out of CP Fizz, and it is very cute. Although directions say it should take about an hour to make, I think it took me 2.5 hours. Anyway. My goal is to make four hats by mid-February.

2. Did you ever get to the point with your knitting basket that your WIPs sort of rest on the top and the rest of the basket is filled with knitting effluvia (is that a word?)...ends of balls, stray needles, stained and wrinkled patterns downloaded from Knitty? I'm there. So there. So I'm in sort of an organizational spree with both my knitting and spinning baskets. And it's going well.


'samplers'
Originally uploaded by kbshee.
3. I finished my Madrona homework: four of the turquoise 'samplers' (see pic) and two purple samplers. Each are about 10" x 10" square, and I calculated this morning when I couldn't sleep that pretty much translates to the back of a sweater. Oh well. The turquoise ones are in alpaca...so soft! A pleasure to knit with. THe thought of felting them makes me sad but eh. C'est la vie.

4. I spun more yesterday, and will do some plying today. I think I can be not embarrassed in my spinning class next weekend. But we'll see..

5. Go Colts! WHen I was working on my PhD at the University of Tennessee, the qb of the football team was a nice young man named Peyton Manning. Although our primary allegiance is to the Denver Broncos, we still love the Colts and hope they go all the way. Go Colts!


sock
Originally uploaded by kbshee.
6. Remember my New Year's Resolution, to design some stuff? I know you were worried that all my designs would be similar to the Nipple Bag (see below). But I actually designed an Aran Sock that I love. It's hard to see in this picture, because the yarn is a dark grey. Anyway...it's a seed stitch sock with an 8-stitch cable going down each side. It's really lovely, if I do say so myself..

7. I think that's about all. Have a good Sunday!

Comments