SNOW!!


snow!
Originally uploaded by kbshee.
We're having what can only be considered in Eugene (or basically, Western Oregon) a snow storm. In the last 12 hours, it has snowed 1.5 inches at our house. Now, we're at probably as low an elevation as one can get in the Willamette Valley, and at the PC Market of Choice (how Eugene is that for a grocery store name?) the lovely checker Rachel said at her house a bit south of me, 3 inches fell by the morning rush hour (I'm guessing Rachel may be a wee bit off on her calculations, but it could be snow-ier there). All schools are closed, except of course for the U of O.

It will get more interesting when the temps go down to 10 degrees tonight, which is basically arctic conditions here.

After my panic of 'I have nothing on the needles" I hurried up and cast on two socks: one of Trekking XXL in a basic rib pattern and one in grey wool in an Aran pattern that I'm sort of making up as I go along. What's up with all the Trekking XXL love? It seems like a nice yarn but nothing to write home about.
>Last thing. If you haven't heard the brouhaha over my Beloved Socks that Rock , hop on over to Stephanie's or Wendy's blog to read all about it. And blast that darn BANK!

Comments

Donna said…
This is a beautiful photo. I hope you can stay warm! I just finished Next and enjoyed it. I always dreamed of having a talking pet. Did you ever see the movie, Polly.
Carol said…
Wow! Hope you're staying warm there! And yes, the STR story will probably be the one of the biggest things to happen in knitting/blogging this year! It's a shame not one person in that bank group knits. would have made them some money this year too! I'm so far behind on my blog reading, I see I missed a post. I'll have to catch up. New dept at work and I can't read as much as I used to! You know I love you!:-)
Bonnie said…
Good lord I love snow!!! I wish I was visting. I imagine the view from my MILs house has got to be amazing.

Plus it is perfect knitting weather.