Multi Tasking

I noticed that my blog posts have been a little, um, brief this week. I'm feeling a wee bit on the frazzled size.

I have always thought of myself as a good multi-tasker, but I think the downside of spending a few months concentrating on a single project means that once that project is over, my multi tasking skills seem to be a bit rusty. I've got a lot of little things on my plate right now: some case studies for the book, getting classes ready for next term, organizing the publication of a Conference Proceedings: all things that I'm fine doing in 'normal' mode, but are completely throwing me for a loop right now.

I start things, get a quarter way through, abandon for something else, then get back to it and basically have to start all over too.

This is weirdly mirrored in my knitting...all I want to do is start projects and everything's in a 'not close to being finished' mode.
Which is fun, but it doesn't help when all I want to do is, y'know, start more projects.

In addition, we had disruptions with houseguests and getting all new furniture for our completely disorganized office, so we've had to be a bit flexible with our lives for a week or so. And I don't think that helped much.

So my goal: to focus. To finish. To complete. And to take pride in completion as an accomplish, not an invitation to do more.

Thanks for listening.

UPDATE: I have a publisher for the book I've been working on during my Sabbatical!!!! Hooray!

Comments

Alyssa said…
Congratulations! Published! Neat!
Kim said…
Congratulations on finding a publisher! Is this your first book?

Popular Posts