Bam. Bam. Bam.


IMG_0507.JPG
Originally uploaded by kbshee.
What's the sound, you ask?

It's the sound of me finishing things. Tim's STR medium weight socks? Bam. My Tempting top? Bam. The Play Socks? Once I get them kitchenered: bam.

I never understand this about my knitting. I can have several projects in various states of completion say one week ago and they all finish up at just about the same time. What's up with that?

I'll show you Tempting once I get the proper undergarments (read, strapless bra, one could wear it with a regular bra but it will look better with a little revealed collarbone).
/

IMG_0513.JPG
Originally uploaded by kbshee.
So, I cast on for three new things in the past two days, and now we'll see when they finish. First, a sleeveless sweater called "Tina" from the Berroco free pattern page (if you want to see it, clickhere ). I also cast on for socks for Tim using the koigu at the top and socks for me from a pattern from the new IK socks book using Sundara yarn (bottom).

Sundara yarn is absolutely lovely. I noticed that she's excepting sign ups for the summer/fall sock club. I was excited...until I noticed the price. $125 for three sock kits (pattern, yarn, shipping). Her yarn is really beauitful, but that's about a 100% premium over the cost of the yarn for the pattern and for the fact that the yarn is a color exclusive to the Petals club. I can't really rationalize that right now (oh how I wish I could!). It seems to be a trend among sock yarn clubs to be a bit pricey, and I wonder if this will work for a bit but then hurt them i n the end. We'll see.

Comments

Carol said…
Kim, the socks are great! Maybe you're just faster than you think?