"Ooops...Forgot the Gas"

Just a quickie to let you know that I'm back from my whirlwind trip to LA (the OC to be exact) where some knitting was done but not much. But a lot of good work on our book and our website to promote the book was done too. So I'm happy.

The travelling (which I HATE, I'm not a good traveller whatsoever) was pretty hassle-free except for the final leg. To get from LA to Eugene, one must stop in Medford (near the Southern Oregon border). So we're in Medford at around 10:10 pm, about 20 minutes ahead of schedule, and the flight attendants tell us we'll be on the ground for just about five minutes and then we'll be off to Eugene.

A few minutes later the cabin door is shut. This is followed by much consternation at the front of the plane between pilots and flight attendants. Door is opened. Flight attendant comes back on..."we'll be here a few more moments. Apparently we need gas."

Yes. Gas. To fly the plane.

A few mintues pass. The flight attendant comes back on. "We can't seem to find the gas guy. As soon as we do, we'll fill up and be on our way."

Gotta love Horizon Air.

Comments

Anonymous said…
As soon as you mentioned Medford, I thought 'uh-oh'. (yes, I am a Medford dweller). Gas for the plane - I am glad they decided that would be a good thing.
Punkin
kitkatknit said…
One time I was taking the long way from the Tri-Cities to Vancouver BC on Horizon to get a free voucher (I took the bump). We flew from Pasco to Walla Walla (unscheduled) where the pilots picked up hot chocolate chip cookies (and didn;t share) before we headed to our scheduled stop in Pendleton (on our way to Portland then Seattle then Vancouver).
Carol said…
Look on the bright side, at least they didn't think of that after takeoff. :)
Kim said…
Dang. We can't find the gas guy? I hate it when that happens. So glad you made it home safely!
rosy said…
ha ha!!
and i thought that kind of thing only happened in england!!
love the 'tina' too
rosy
ps i am still trying to get a decent photo of tully - he doesn't like posing! - all i get is his tail end!