Almost Done!


IMG_0581.JPG
Originally uploaded by kbshee.
I've been working pretty much exclusively on the shawl. Right now, it is a little over 15" wide unblocked and will turn out to be about 17" blocked. It needs a few more inches, but it is really getting HEAVY! Linen stitch is a pretty dense stitch. I am really pleased with this, and want to finish it just so I can wear it before it gets too hot out! Although we always have the promise of cold evenings in Oregon, even when it is July and August.

But. I just want it to be done.


IMG_0582.JPG
Originally uploaded by kbshee.
Here is a close up of one side of the shawl...one of the cool things about linen stitch is that it looks different depending on which side you're looking at. I have been doing so much linen stitch that I dream about it at night. I think that's another reason why I need to finish it off!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I like the look of linen stitch. I knitted a jacket in linen stitch last fall and it is wonderfully warm. People often tell me that it looks woven, not knitted.
Stephanie said…
That's really really pretty. That stitch looks great with that yarn.
Ling said…
The shawl is looking pretty. Hope you finish it soon.

Glad you are enjoying being back at work. Keep the positive energy going!
Carol said…
Thank you for the well wishes! I'm loving this shawl! The linen stitch is a really cool one (or warm one) depending on how we look at it. The colors are gorgeous. Hope all is well on the work front:)

Popular Posts