Birthday Prizes!


one jacobs coat
Originally uploaded by kbshee.
THANK YOU to everyone who visited and posted a birthday wish! I wish I had 45 balls of sock yarn to send out to each of you....well, I guess I do but I need to keep some of it for my fiber fun, don't I?

I used a Random number generator to generate two numbers and I used those to correspond to the posts (the first poster was number 1, etc). I'm happy to announce that the prizes go to one person who I've known in the blogosphere for a while, and one brand new blogging friend.

The STR goes to Minh in Boston who is a KR person and a donor to my on-the-back-burner-sock-yarn afghan.

The Mountain Colors Bearfoot goes to Beverly in South Carolina whom I don't know but I assume will be a frequent visitor to my blog now :-).

And can I tell you, I love knitting socks in worsted weight yarn. Yes, it is heavy but what a quick sense of accomplishment! This is one sock made out of merino/soy from Rabbit Ridge in Alaska that I purchased at skeins in Juneau. The colorway is called "Jacob's Coat" and it is bright, cheerful and springy. I did the sock toe up using Judy's Magic Cast on and the directions in Sensational KNitted Socks and I like how it looks more than any of the other toe ups I've tried.

Anyway, thanks again for visiting and for your best wishes. I'll have another contest around my blogiversary in August. Mark those calendars!

Comments

Carol said…
Congrats to the winners! Hope you had a great birthday Kim! Love your new sock, really nice color!
Minh said…
Whoa, are you serious?! I actually won?!

Kim, you're a sweetheart for giving away yarn on your own birthday!
Beverly said…
Happy Birthday!

I feel like the lady in the Nati... commercial. I won, I won, I won, I won!!!

I'll defintely be stopping by.

Thanks for having such a great contest.
Jodie said…
Hope you had a great birthday today!
Once again, I hope that you had a very happy birthday and was worshipped properly with lots of yarn!