Bobblety Bag


red bag 3
Originally uploaded by kbshee.
Here's the red bag after it was felted. It looks pretty cool, actually.

A few more shibori thoughts:

1. I prefer making small 'knots' rather than putting objects in to make the three dimensional fabric. YMMV.

2. However, putting objects in really speeds up the felting process. I have a front loader, and it can take 4-5 cycles of 20 minutes each to get something felted the way I like it. This red bag was felted in one cycle. The blue bag in a cycle and a half.

3. I put this in the dryer, which closed up some of the 'webs' on the tumors. Which is a look I like.

4. I think the 'random' placement works better than a 'planned' placement, since felting pretty much has a life of its own.

I wish I knew what kind of mohair I used. I think it was Paris mohair. YOu can get that at Smiley's yarn, or at least you used to be able to!

Comments

Carol said…
You did a great job on this Kim! I have to show Kate, she'll love the colors!