Red Tank


IMG_0608.JPG
Originally uploaded by kbshee.
I knit, I seamed, I saw red. As in this red tank, from the new issue of VK. IT's cute! I like it a lot. It is snug fitting as promised, but I think it will work well here in the warm Oregon summers.

The back is ribbed, the front is ss wiht a cable on either side. The cable is not set off by purl stitches which is a different look, sort of a more natural look, and I like it.

I used cotton ease on size 4 needles, and got a gauge of 16 stitches and 28 rows per 4 inches. IT's a crazy gauge, but it works.


I just received a couple new books: one on knitting sweaters sideways, one on spinning (the new JMM book) and an older Mission Falls pattern book called "IN Living Colour". I think I'll make one more tank with my ce stash and then use all the leftover ce for a sideways sweater. Did you check the stash total on the sidebar? I'm doing well. I haven't bought any yarn this year other than sock yarn and some discounted brown sheep cotton fleece that someone onKR was selling (and yes, I need to show you pictures of that).

Comments

Carol said…
Your tank looks great! And love that red! You're doing an awesome job of knitting from your stash, I'm envious;)