Just a Little Freaked Out

If you're looking for knitting content, you won't find any here today. You're welcome to leave if you wish, but today is a family post.

I don't often write about family here, it is one of my little blog rules for myself, but I'm a bit freaked out today...my brother Bart was in an industrial accident yesterday. He's an industrial engineer and was helping to install a new piece of machinery at the plant where he works, and apparently the machine slipped off whatever it was that they were moving it on and fell on his foot. 15,000 pounds on his toes. Yes, that is thousands.

The bottom line is that three of his toes were broken (smallest toes on left foot) and he lost two of them, but overall he was incredibly, incredibly lucky that he still has his foot and that the machinery didn't slip a few inches the other way. He has to stay off the foot for a couple of weeks, and he'll know more about the long term effects after he meets with a PT today, but hopefully he'll be back to normal soon.

We aren't that close, Bart and I, but I realized last night that I love him so deeply and the thought of anything happening to him is horrific. It makes me want to strengthen any ties that remain between us. We'll be going to Flag in a few weeks for his son's graduation, so I'll start then.

If you have a second, please send out a good thought to Bart today. I don't know if he'll appreciate it, but I know I will.

Comments

Bonnie said…
I am sending postive thoughts and prayers Bart's way.
Alyssa said…
Good thoughts to you and Bart. I have similar relationships with both my brothers - love them so much, but hardly ever talk to them. Thank you for the reminder that it's never too late to start building a relationship.
kitkatknit said…
Sending positive vibes to you and your brother.
Carol said…
Oh {{Kimmy}}-Good thoughts coming your way and Bart's for a new start:)
Anne said…
Oh goodness.. I can't even imagine. I will pray for your brother - and for you, and your revelations and worries. Many hugs and warm thoughts.
Beverly said…
Sending healing vibes to your brother and postive vibes for a new start. Enjoy the graduation.

Popular Posts