Lucea Lace Tank


IMG_0654.JPG
Originally uploaded by kbshee.
It's not Lutea Lace or Luceta Lace, it's Lucea Lace.

From the new IK. Yes, the one that just came out a week or so ago. I saw this tank and thought it was very cute. And I had a bunch of appropriate yarn...NOT COTTON EASE...in the stash.

The yarn is Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece is a beautiful color called Rue. Sort of a soft blue-green...enough green to make it sort of mossy, but not so much green that it screams "hey, I'm wearing a green top" unlike other tanks that I've knit. Anyway, needless to say It is a bit of a departure from the glow-in-the-dark-cotton-ease stuff I've been knitting, which is nice. The tank is knit in the round to the underarms, where there is short row shaping to get the upper part of the top and then there is lace for the straps. So, if you are in the mood for miles and miles of stockinette (which, apparently, I was this week) followed by a few hours of short row and lace knitting excitement, then this is the project for you!


IMG_0655.JPG
Originally uploaded by kbshee.
Here is a close up of the strap...in all of its lacey goodness. I know I usually get a bit peavish with lace, but this one only uses 22 stitches and every other row is pearl, and there are only two different stitch patterns that you have to know, and the results are really much prettier than the actual effort it takes to do this lace. So yeah. Lucea lace. Thumbs up.

Pattern warning: if you do this pattern, you'll notice that the lace is done written for 21 stitches. However, if you count up what you need to do, you 'll notice it is for 22 stitches. I just added a stitch to the end and it worked out fine, but you might want to check the IK site for any updates to this pattern if you are going to knit it
I think I may even try a scarf or even a sh-sh-sh-awl in this pattern since it is so pretty and not at all difficult. I'm thinking ahead to summer knitting and what I want to do. Basically on my list is to finally finish my Aran Afghan and to knit the Notre Dame Sweater also from the new IK (I have the yarn for that too).
We have four weeks of classes left, then I'm teaching four weeks of summer school which isn't really like working.

Comments

Alyssa said…
I almost bought that color last week! How funny! Love the tank. Looking forward to seeing the finished top.
I like the pattern of the tank top and I am not often impressed by tank tops. The color is beautiful. Looking forward to seeing the FO.