I've been tagged by Alyssa-with-a-new-blog=address!
Here are the rules:
Each person tagged gives 7 random facts about themselves. Those tagged need to write in their blogs the 7 facts, as well as the rules of the game. You need to tag seven others and list their names on your blog. You have to leave those you plan on tagging a note in their comments so they know that they have been tagged and to read your blog.
1. My parents almost named me Danielle. My maiden name was Bartel. My names would have rhymed.
2. My brother's name is Bart. Bart Bartel. Not a nickname, hs real name. And the random thing is: we grew up thinking this was not an odd name at all. It wasn't until I went away to college that people thought it was odd.
3. I dislike my toes. I can't decide whether a pedicure would make me like them better or if they're so ugly that nothing could help them and a manicure would only point out their complete ugliness.
4. I cannot drive a stick shift, even though several people (all men) have tried their best to teach me.
5. I cannot stand to be in the same room, no, the same city, no, the same state, with liver sausage. AKA braunschweiger but I'm sure that it is not spelled that way. It is probably the only food that causes an automatic gag reflex in me.
6. I attempt the New York Times Crossword puzzle most days. I can get Monday-Tuesday-Wednesday without a problem. Usually Tim and I can get the Thursday one together. Friday and Saturday...fuggedaboudit. Sunday is a toss up.
7. I stopped biting my nails three years ago, but they just won't grow. I think I somehow altered my DNA so my fingernails will not grow ever again.