Thing that HAVE Changed in the Past Two Days


first finished rowan sweater
Originally uploaded by kbshee
I am officially a Rowan Knitter.

I finished my first Rowan sweater! Yay! Pip Pip and Cheerio! This is from 'the Best of Rowan" and was designed by Amanda Griffiths. It's a raglan sweater which some people don't care for but I love. It has cables around the raglan. The sleeves are long enough. It is now being blocked to make it a smigola longer (it's cotton..Cotton Fleece to be exact) and I am tickled pink. Or what would a brit say? I'm Chuffed? Rosy?


I'm a loose knitter, as you can see by the manhole cover sized holes on my MS.

ms3
Originally uploaded by kbshee
And while it is a bit of a Hot Mess, I sort of love my Mystery Stole 3. I'm on row 117 (this is only the first 105 or so) and it is really fun to do. So what if I lose a stitch here or there? I can pretty much read enough to know where to add one. Key words: pretty much. There's only so much tinking a knitter can do before she wants to scream (a knitter=me).

You might also note that I am a very loose knitter. Stop the smutty thoughts, you know what I mean. I sort of knew I was a loose knitter but it came back to me at Madrona when I was sitting next to a woman and we were wearing the EXACT SAME socks from the STR club only her lace holes were about half the size of mine "Wow. You're a loose one" she said, with sort of horrified amazement in her voice. She then recovered and said "but I'm a really tight one." Yeah hon, you are.

Anyway. The reason this is a problem now is that I"m off to start another Rowan raglan sweater (it's Duffy, from the same book, I hate the twee little Rowan names but whatever) and I have the recommended yarn, Rowan Botany, which is supposed to have a gauge of 28 stitches for every four inches and you're supposed get this on size 3s. OK. I automatically size down a few (or six) needle sizes but friends? I cannot fathom, canNOT FATHom, the idea of knitting an ENTIRE sweater on size 0 or 1 needles. I. Just. Can't. So, I did a sw-sw-sw on size 2s and got sort of close. maybe 28 stitches is about 5 inches. So I think I'm going to be a bad, bad knitter and knit a small size with my current gauge and that might get me the sweater I want.

I know, I KNOW, I will live to regret this. But that's what i'm doing.
And PS. Am I the only knitter on the planet who hasn't gotten his or her Ravelry invitation? They hate me. They probably don't let in loose knitters.

Comments

Stephanie said…
Congrats on the sweater! I'm still working on my first Rowan knit...it's been in the UFO pile for two years! Better get to work on that. :)
Alyssa said…
I love raglan and Rowan! The sweater looks great. :)

And I know there are over 9000 people on the Ravelry waiting list. They are hoping to get through all the requests from May any day now. It's worth the wait, really!

I'm melting in humidity right now so I didn't touch my knitting so far this weekend. Just rereading Harry Potter books. :)
Lori said…
Don't worry, you don't want that invite, I tell you it's addicting! Love the sweater and the MS3 is beautiful!
Carol said…
I bow to your Rowanism! Great! And I won't even joke about your logic on the new one cause it mirrors my own line of thinking. I just call it clever;) Knit on you loose girl you!
Shelly said…
Beautiful Rowan and your MS3 looks great, too. Are they really color-coordinated, or is it my monitor?
kitkatknit said…
I can barely fathom the fact that I am knitting a sweater on US6's let alone 1-2's!!

Popular Posts