Didja Ever...


IMG_0888.JPG
Originally uploaded by kbshee
..have one of those days when it seems like you frogged more than you knit?

That was Monday for me. I knit a bunch of rows on these socks, and then I made an error and had to frog the whole thing. I cast on for the 'Tangled Yoke Cardigan" from the new IK (which will be this year's clapotis, mark my words) and made a mistake and had to frog. It got to the point where I was afraid to knit more.

But I overcame, and finished the first of my House Socks yesterday. I just love these socks, and I have no idea why.

Rachel asked about the wet exist class, specifically whether we learned to roll. Well, no we didn't, Rachel. The kayaks we have are touring kayaks, used primarily for flatwater or ocean kayaking, and are very broad so they'll be more stable. As such, they're almost impossible to roll unless you have hips of iron. In fact, it was difficult for me to do a 'proper' wet exit in mine since I sort of fell out of the kayak as I was tipping over (as opposed to staying in it and hanging upside down in the water).

Comments

Ling said…
Glad you are back on track with the knitting. The Ravenclaw sock looks good.

I do wish the weather in England is a bit more condusive to kayaking. I used to kayak quite a lot in sunny Malaysia. I guess I'm just a wimp!
Carol said…
I love those socks too! It's a great looking sock! I seem to frog a lot!
Rachel said…
thanks for responding to the kayak question. I just asked because when I 'learned' to roll, the first few times I had the tendency to roll myself back up, shift weight too fast, and then flip again! Great fun!

Popular Posts