Instant Gratification


IMG_0872.JPG
Originally uploaded by kbshee
Look, the body of a sweater!

While I love the look of things knit on small needles with thin thin yarn, sometimes you need to just, um, knit something up. Thus this sweater, from Twinkle's Big City Knits. It's the Best Friend Sweater, knit with bulky yarn on size 15 needles. I had the yarn (tan for the body, brown for the ribbing) in the stash forever, so I'm thrilled to use it up.

Just for comparison, the back of my beige Rowan sweater required you to cast on 116 stitches. The entire sweater of the Best Friend Sweater required a cast on of 62 stitches. There you go.

I started the cuffs of the sleeves last night and should be able to knit up the sleeves fairly quickly, so this is just the project I needed as an antidote to littleyarnonlittleneedles activities happening in my bag right now.


IMG_0873.JPG
Originally uploaded by kbshee
I also had an overwhelming desire Friday night to cast on for my Ravenclaw House Socks from Alison's book "Charmed Knits". The yarn is Knitpicks Essentials and the stripe pattern is very nice, I like it a lot. I've really not done a lot of colorwork (and to call stripes colorwork tells you how little I've done) and this is a nice way to start. I really like how these look.

All is well animal wise, with Juneau being exuberant whenever we give her any litle bit of encouragement. Stella seems to be doing well with the meds, and Cody is just plain Cody, happy to be here.

Off for a quick kayak this afternoon.

Comments

Carol said…
Love your new projects! And so happy to hear the little ones are doing great :)
I have so much fun with Big City Knits when I am sick to death of a tedious project. I really like the colors you chose. Can't wait to see the post of the finished project.
Jodie said…
Wed is great! How about 1:30? Palace Bakery?

Popular Posts