Must. Finish. Sleeves.


still in the vortex
Originally uploaded by kbshee
During one of those middle-of-the-night-can't-sleep-obsess-about-stuff sessions that I seem to have on a regular basis, I had, HAD, to figure out a Knitting Schedule in order to Get Things Finished so I can move on to other things.

I think I was thinking about what projects I would take on vacation, and how I didn't want to take sleeves that only needed 8 inches of knitting to go yadayada, so I figured out the plan.

That is, to finish theses sleeves, and finish off the sweater belonging to the sleeves as well as the Best Friend Cardigan that has been hanging in the guest bath since I blocked it. So yesterday (a cool, rainy, wintery day in Oregon) I knit almost 5 inches on these, I'm now at the raglan decreases, and the End is in sight.


tyc #1
Originally uploaded by kbshee
So, on vacation I'll take this: the Tangled Yoke Cardigan of which the entire ribbing is complete (so we're at 250 stitches of st st for many more inches, followed by sleeves, then the fun begins). Should be good car knitting. I will also take yarn to start on "A Cardigan for Arwen" because I'm having a hankering to do some cables, and I'll take my House Socks and probably another ball of sock yarn.

And I guess there are yarn shops in case I run out, ha ha.

So once this was decided of course I could go back to sleep.

Now to figure out what books to take........

A quick Cody update: thanks for all of your inquiries and comments of support for our little guy. The second chemo treatment hasn't gone as smoothly as the first, which isn't surprising since it was a higher dose than the first treatment. Despite the drugs, he has had a bit of nausea (it tends to hit about 9 pm each night) and he's also had a bit of diarrhea. We hope these things start to abate this week, so he'll be in good shape for his trip to Canada with Junea (and us).

Comments

Carol said…
Ah Cody, hang in there little guy oxox

Take a lot of knitting! it would be a shame to run out if you're far from a LYS. Hope it's a good trip for all of you!