Winging It


wing 1
Originally uploaded by kbshee
I started the 'wing' part of MS3 (clue 5, I believe) and have completed 60 rows. So I'm still behind but not that far. I think my 'slip stitch' transition area is a bit too loose, but c'est la vie. That's what hot messes are for yes?
Anyway...the wing part is very fun to knit and easy to see when a mistake is made and even easier to get caught up..oh, the beauty of a double decrease!


go ravenclaw!
Originally uploaded by kbshee
And in other knitting news...I've turned the heel on my Ravenclaw House sock, which I really like. This yarn (knitpicks essentials) feels really good and is a pleasure to knit with. Navy yarn is not the easiest thing to work with but I still enjoy it. And I love how these socks look. I probalby need more 'plain' socks and these fit the bill.

And in even more knitting news...I've made it to another sleeve vortex on the sleeve of my Botany sweater (the one on the lil needles) so I'll be there for a while.

Tomorrow: wet rescue kayak class. Jealous? Oh no, don't be!

Comments

Rachel said…
Looks like you are making some great progress with your knitting! That mystery stole looks fabulous and I'm anxious to see your finished sweater when it has been put together...I like the brown/dark brown combination!

Sorry to hear you are having another animal issue...I hope something works out for Stella and her seizures...but I'm happy to hear Cody is doing well!

Have fun with your kayak tomorrow--I AM envious!
Carol said…
The sock looks great! Nice to know Essentials is nice to work with too. I love watching the shawl grow, it's so nice...Have fun with rescues!