I'm dizzy!


one spiral
Originally uploaded by kbshee
Because I've been spiraling.

Here's my first Spiraling Corialus, from the new Cat Bordhi book. It's hard to take a picture of the coolness of the spirals but you can see the one spiral going up my leg. And I learned a new trick: the EZ sewn bind off (named for Elizabeth Zimmerman). It's a nice rolled yet stretchy bind off, much nicer than a regular bind off, although it takes forever.

Basically, you put a long piece of yarn on a needle, insert it into the first two stitches purlwise, draw the yarn through, insert it into the first stitch knitwise, draw yarn through, and then slip first stich off the needle. If it sounds like the kitchener stitch, it is very similar to it. I didn't think it would be stretchy but it was. Highly recommended.

Jessie seems to be doing a bit better, but we're not convinced it is a UTI and not just poor Kitten behavior. Stay tuned.

Comments

Sheila E said…
I love the EZ bind off! Thanks for that! I am going to use it the next chance I get....AND those socks are fantastic!! Would that I had time to do such things!
Off to Baltimore on Tuesday for Stitches East!
Keeping those good thoughts coming your way ;)
Anne said…
Hey that looks great! What a fun colorway too - and can't wait to see progress on your sweater!

Popular Posts