So close!


tyc
Originally uploaded by kbshee
I spent some time yesterday with my Tangled Yoke Cardigan, and completed the cables and most of the shaping at the top. All that is left is the neckline and the button bands (and to buy some buttons, note to self). The cables worked out pretty well...I was a stitch off at a couple of places but I think it looks fine. The pattern calls for stockinette cables on a stockinette background, so when you're working the cables it isn't always crystal clear which is 'cable' and which is 'background.' But on the whole, as long as someone isn't pushing me into a bright light and examining my cables with their reading glasses on, I think the total effect is really nice. I'm looking forward to actually wearing this cardigan...it looks like it will be done in time for winter.


closeup of tyc yoke
Originally uploaded by kbshee
And here is a closeup of the yoke. It is hard to photograph this...without the flash (as you see here) makes it sort of dark, with the flash really washes out the cable. Oh well. I should probably stand far away and use the zoom, but I never think of things like that until I'm in the middle of a blog.

I'll have more pictures to show you tomorrow. Yesterday while out running errands I popped into the KNit Shop to buy some stitch markers and the new IK Holiday Gifts issue. Well, you know what happened. Some yarns managed to come home with me. Anybody have a good pattern for two skeins of Fantasy Naturelle?

This weekend is ClayFest, Tim's first show. It is going well, he is getting great comments about his art and ideas on where to go next.
Thanks to everybody who came by to say hi!

Comments

Carol said…
Oh Kim, that's gorgeous! It's really nice to hear Tim is doing so well!
Dipsy said…
I'm totally impressed by your cardigan, it's so very beautiful! Everything seems perfect - the pattern as well as the yarn you're using! Looking forward to seeing more!
Jeanne said…
Very pretty! Great yarn/color - and the cables are really nice.

Popular Posts