View from the back


c and c back
Originally uploaded by kbshee
I finished my first cables and corrugation socks, and I do love them. Here is the back of the sock...there is a plait going up the back that starts right above the heel. So pretty. The yarn, as you might recall, is Harmony Semi Solid from the Zen Yarn Garden, which is just wonderful to work with. I did the 'small' size sock and I could have probably done 50 instead of 56 stitches and have been just fine...but I'mnot sure if the yarn will shrink down a wee bit and if it does they'll fit perfectly. Even a little loose they're fine by me.

Happy Halloween, by the way! I've been so busy that I haven't had much time to think about it, although we do have pumpkins out in the front garden and candy in a basket in the kitchen. And what else do you need?

Comments

Rachel said…
Wow--you are on a sock roll lately! They all look great! I saw on your side bar that you read Eat Pray Love...I've wondered about that book and wondered if I should add it to my reading list (when I actually read again...sigh). The religious feel has kept me away...suggestions?
Sheila E said…
Lovely socks!! These are from Cat's book...right? I got it when I was back East at Stitches East...but I think that I will have to wait until after Christmas to really start something....I am anxious...but like a child I will have to wait.
When I see the ones that you have made it makes me happy!!
Keep them comin'.
Wryly said…
Kim - The socks are gorgeous! The cable is very cool and the heel looks nice too. Where did you find the pattern?
I don't have much luck with socks. I've tried toe-up but always have trouble around the heel. But I keep trying - I figure I'll get it eventually.

~ Wryly

P.S. - Rachel - I read "Eat, Pray, Love" - at first I thought it was a travel cookbook. The religious aspect was a bit much at times but overall the book was quite good.

Popular Posts