18 inches left!


other side of arwen
Originally uploaded by kbshee
I finished the arm of the second side of Arwen, and all I have left is the half of hood...18 inches! That's maybe what, 5 or 6 repeats of the reversible cable pattern. Hooray!

I've enjoyed making Arwen a lot, because I like the cables and I love the yarn I'm using (Rowan Cashsoft 4 ply). But it has been a bit of a slog. Of course, I've put it down during some of the more intense work periods. This weekend, I worked on Arwen during the Ducks game (Go Ducks! They beat Arizona State quite handily) and during the Colts-Patriots game (boo!). No good games are on TV next week so I wonder if I'll get more Arwen done. :-)

I also had my last Saturday class in Portland, this one wasn't bad because it was only a 3 hour class. But still, I'm looking forward to not gettng up at 5:30 next Saturday morning. It was a good class with terrific students and I'll teach some more up in Portland either later this year or next fall.

In other knitting news: I'm about halfway done with the border for my Great American Aran Aghan. I would like to have the border finished by Thanksgiving weekend so I can finish that puppy up, we'll see. Of course, now I"m thinking about 'upcoming' projects, especially since I'll have a few weeks off at Christmas to get some good knitting done. At the top of my list are the House Sweater from Charmed Knits, the felted Fan bag, and another cable sweater from the Patons cable sweater book. Cant quite decide which to begin wtih but of couse I'll figure it out.

Speaking of Christmas, I'm doing little Christmas knitting this year: just a surprise knitted something for Tim.

My eye is a little wonky this morning (it was very bloodshot and watery yesterday, not so bad today but still not happy). Luckily I have my annual exam today so maybe she can figure out what is going on there.

Comments

Popular Posts