Gifts Given and Received


IMG_1267.JPG
Originally uploaded by kbshee
Happy Boxing Day! We are celebrating by cleaning the house and awaiting the arrival of family from Northern California for a few days.

We had a nice, quiet Christmas, which included a nice Winter's nap and much Eating of Leftovers, and of course opening of gifts, a few of which I'd like to share with you!

First, the 'mystery gift' for Tim...a Huggable Hedgehog. He had seen one as an avatar at Ravelry, and thought it was cute. I bought a kit from somewhere...maybe Paradise fibers? And it knit up quite a bit bigger than I thought it would. But it is Huggable. Tim likes it.


IMG_1265.JPG
Originally uploaded by kbshee
Our Christmas gift to the dogs is the opportunity to sleep in bed wtih us on Christmas eve. I use the word "opportunity' because it usually gets a bit crowded and warm for them (and needless to say, for us) and usually they opt out at some time during the night. This Christmas Eve, Juneau opted out right away (but loved the jumping from floor to cushion to right in between us). Cody slept with us all night, and as usual it was a bit warm and crowded but I'm happy he stayed with us all night. His Christmas gift to us was, of course, being here for Christmas.


IMG_1268.JPG
Originally uploaded by kbshee
I received some lovely gifts, including handmade jewelry (by my talented husband!) and here are some of the knitting gifts I received (I'll post his jewelry in another post). A skein of Curious Creek Sock yarn from our NoCal family (in Duck colors!). two sets of point protectors, and a cool set of african-themed buttons that I have just the yarn for (Rowan felted tweed, in treacle).


clappy #2
Originally uploaded by kbshee
And finally, my second clappy, made with the new Effekts yarn from Kaunia. The colors seem almost airbrushed on. I'm doing a narrower clappy so this will be more of a scarf than a shawl, and the color changes look really cool with the drop stitches. I really enjoy knitting clappy, and I"ve been ignoring my other projects (sorry other projects).
So there you have it. How was your Christmas?

Comments

Jeanne said…
Sounds like a very nice Christmas! We sometimes let the dogs sleep with us as a treat - but it does get a little much! Love the clappy...
Carol said…
Sounds like a great Christmas! You did a great job with the Hedgehog! They are one cute knit. Love your Clappy, it does look airbrushed! They are quite addicting for sure;) Your family knows you well to give you such great knitting gifts and your babies look quite happy:)
Rachel said…
VERY. COOL. HEDGEHOG. That is great!

So glad Cody held on for his Christmas treat of sleepin with the adults!