Juneau loves the clappy


IMG_1308.JPG
Originally uploaded by kbshee
I finished my clappy yesterday, and spread it out in the hallway prior to soaking it in Eucalan to finish it off. It did soften up a bit, but not as much as I would have liked, of course it won't stop me from wearing it.

It is quite a happy little scarf, if I do say so myself.

I go back to school on Monday....this has been a great break with some good knitting accomplished. I can't complain, but of course next week I will.

One thing I can't complain about was Cody's checkup at the Vet Hospital in Corvallis on Thursday. Our wonderful oncologist, Dr. Helfand, did xrays and ultrasound and couldn't detect any changes in the sizes of Cody's cancer. Of course, neither of these tools are 100% reliable, but certainly if the cancer started aggressively growing they would be able to tell. So we're so happy about that. They want to do another checkup in April...April!!!...which means they think Cody will be around for his 12th birthday in March and beyond that. We're cautiously optimistic that Cody will spend much of 2008 with us!

The West Coast is being hit by some major storms, and we're lucky that we've just had a bunch of rain and a little wind. I hope all other West Coasters are hunkered down and safe and dry and warm!

Comments

Rachel said…
Very happy scarf!

Glad to hear you guys didn't get hit very badly...we had some tremendous wind and yesterday I was trying to pick up the pieces of house that got whipped off! (mostly gutter!) But it did provide me an excellent excuse to stay home home more day instead of going back to school today! I'll take it.

Good luck starting back to school!
Ling said…
The Clapotis looks great. I love the colours. Was it from 1 skein or are there lots of ends?
Glad to hear the good news for Cody. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Ps - I love the shawl pins which Tim made. Just gorgeous! If does go into production, I'll be the first buyer.
Carol said…
Your Clapotis is great! They are amazingly warm too! Juno certainly approves and I'm so very happy to hear the good news about Cody!
Jeanne said…
The clapotis is really pretty - I love the colors. Glad to hear the good news Cody !
Alyssa said…
What a cheery clapotis! And what good news about Cody. 2008 is off to a great start. :)
Jodie said…
clapotis looks great! Glad to hear the news about Cody. Plus Juneau is such a cutie!
Bonnie said…
The Clappy is gorgeous but it is eclipsed by the great Cody news. Yay Cody! You are one tough cookie.
Sheila E said…
Hip, hip for Cody...that takes a bit of the pressure off ;)
Your Clappy is so bright and colorful..it will definitely brighten these dull, gray Oregon days!
I'd love to get together for a coffee or lunch...when you have time. Do you have my number?

Popular Posts