Oregon Winters


IMG_1471.JPG
Originally uploaded by kbshee
They're funny things, these Oregon winters. Three weeks ago we were romping in six inches of snow, and on Saturday it was sunny enough, and warm enough, to take the kayaks out on the canoe canal. I wore a cashmere sweater and a fleece jacket and gloves, although the gloves came off about halfway through the paddle since it was so warm. People walking their dogs on this beautiful day were surprised to see us in the water! At the turnaround point we saw a pup happily romping in the water, and it turned out to be one of our neighbor dogs, Leah, with her mom and dad Jenny and Joe. So we had a nice visit with them: Jenny and Joe on the land, Tim, Leah and I in the water.


IMG_1474.JPG
Originally uploaded by kbshee
Are you sick of this sweater yet? I"m getting there. Here is the first sleeve. I usually knit two sleeves at a time but because this sleeve starts with a festival of short rows I just did one at a time. It went pretty well until I skipped Row 9 on the fourth rectangle, which really threw me for a loop until I figured it out. Now all I have to do is remember to skip row 9 (and thus, row 10) when I do the matching sleeve and it should be just fine.

Seaming this baby up should be a good time, don't you think?

Comments

Carol said…
Fabulous! I can't wait to see this sweater all done!

Popular Posts