Just Beginning


IMG_1846.JPG
Originally uploaded by kbshee
I have two new WIPs to share with you today. I've also been working on the Portland sweater...I may be halfway done with the back, which is exciting because that means it is almost done!!! Now what cable sweater will I make next??

Anyway....two new WIPs. The first one is from the Little Box of Socks and is called the Faceted Rib sock. I've sort of blown off the directions and am just using the actual Faceted Rib pattern on a toe-up sock. I love toe-up, using Judy's magic cast on and the increase directions from Sensational Knitted Socks. Anyway, the faceted rib adds a bit of zing to a self-striping sock yarn, and I'm pleased with the results. The yarn itself is Vesper Sock Yarn in Love Stinks Yeah Yeah.

I like the Vesper: love the colors but not crazy about the base yarn, so average it out and it is like.


IMG_1843.JPG
Originally uploaded by kbshee
I'm also making progress on the Ahlstrom Bodice from the new issue of KnitScene. I haven't been a big KnitScene fan, but this one looks almost exactly like some of my favorite issues of IK. This bodice is knit with three colors (the pattern calls for four, but that is way too crazy for me. The back (which I've finished) is solid off white. The front has a panel of navy, light blue and off white ad then a side bit of off white. The original pattern called for three different colors in the panel.

The yarn is Elsebeth Lavold Silky wool, which I used to just like but now I love (maybe I should start the Kim Knits Yarn Rating Scale?). Love the colors, love how the yarn feels, love how it is to work with.

Obviously I have miles to go on Ahlstrom but stay tuned!

Comments

Rachel said…
I've been looking at that Ahlstrom Bodice pattern and really like it. I can't wait to see your progress. So far I like the colors you've chosen...more contrast than in the magazine.

Wanted to ask if you've read 'Shadow of the Wind'? It had sort of a Thirteenth Tale feel to it but maybe more gothic in nature? I really enjoyed it.
Carol said…
Agreed! The new Knitscene is great, no? Ahlstrom is one I'd like to give a go at.