Like a Record Baby


IMG_1789.JPG
Originally uploaded by kbshee
You know it is summer when I have time to spin. This is some red and white candystriped yarn from the Bellwhether. I don't even know what the actual type of wool is I"ll find it some where. Anyway, it is nice and it is fun to get back into spinning. I'd like to spin some beaded yarn and I might try with the second ply on this one. I like spinning. I don't love spinning...I get sort of bored and can only spin for 20 minutes or so before I'm antsy. I guess I could spin while watching a movie, but that time is usually saved for projects with cables. Anyway. Luckily, for me, spinning is like riding a bicycle. There's very little 'ramping up' time even when I haven't spun for long stretches.

I'm also going to do some natural dyeing this summer. I bought a kit from Hillcreek Fiber studio three years ago and it arrived right before I broke my collarbone. But I'm going to try it...we'll see what happens.

Comments

Bonnie said…
Uh huh, uh huh....ya ya ya spinning blah blah blah.

How are my, er um, I mean your socks coming along? ;-)

Popular Posts