One Rivendell!


IMG_1815.JPG
Originally uploaded by kbshee
Things have been very fibery around my house lately, as I've knitted, I've spun, and today I began a new adventure...dyeing with natural dyes. Results tomorrow (and they may be horrible, so keep that in mind).

I finished the first Rivendell, and it is a thing of beauty if I do say so myself. I love this pattern, the yarn, and Janel Laidman is awesome!

The second one is cast on and I'm done with the 'honeycombs'. This one did not go so smoothly....I was all thumbs when I was knitting the clusters (the technique involves moving a set of stitches to a cable needle, wrapping the stitches like you're tying up a bundle of strings, and then knitting the stitches). I just could not get the tension right on the wraps. Oh well. Live and learn. It still looks beautiful though...I may be all thumbs but its a foolproof technique.

I forgot to mention we took the kayaks out to Blue River Reservoir last Sunday, trying to escape the heat. It was just as hot up there, and we also faced a pretty stiff wind (for kayakers) on the Reservoir, but we still had a good time.

Now, I need your help. I'm on the hunt for grapey colored sock yarn. I know my mad dyeing skilz suggest that I could dye some yarn with KoolAid, which I might do, but does anyone have a favorite really, really deep purple yarn? Let me know!

Comments

Alyssa said…
I've been eyeing the Plum Glace at Hazel Knits:

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=13411170

and then there is always Lorna's Laces in Blackberry. So pretty!
Carol said…
Gorgeous, gorgeous!!! Happy summertime! I'll hunt for purple for ya!
Jeanne said…
Gorgeous sock! what about knit picks for sock yarn? Some of their colors are grape-y!
Bonnie said…
Let's make a deal, I'll tell you in return for the socks! ;-)

http://www.sanguinegryphon.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=18_24_56&products_id=417

http://www.theloopyewe.com/browse/yarns/cherry-tree-hill/supersock/cth-gypsy-rose/