Public Service Announcements!


IMG_1842.JPG
Originally uploaded by kbshee
1. If you love Rowan yarns, you probably already know about the eBay seller Jeannette's Rare Yarns. Well, Jeanette is opening an online shop that will be up and running at the end of the week! She has good prices on her yarns, fast shipping from the UK to the US, and is lovely to work with. I'm a happy JRY customer.

The URL is www.jannettesrareyarns.co.uk .

2. Also this week, I'm anxiously awaiting the first issue of Twist Collective (www.twistcollective.com). This new online magazine is the brainchild of Julia F-C and Kate Gilbert (of Arwen fame). The first issue promises a design by Kate, as well as socks by Cookie A and Cat Bordhi. I think it goes up either Thursday or Friday, and I just can't wait.

3. Finally, if you have any ideas on how to photograph my completed Rivendells, let me know. The flash makes the pattern disappear, and not using a flash makes the pattern sort of fade away. I know Bonnie's idea will be to send them to her in Costa Rica for photographing under the tropical sun, but other suggestions are welcome too.

Comments

cshogan said…
I think you should take the socks yourself to Costa Rica for the photo shoot. Sounds like a nice way to spend a few days. Oh, and stay away from the horses!
Rachel said…
What about putting them on a really light background? Not sure if you'd just lose them like that, but it's worth a shot. I can see the pattern in the picture you posted though and they look great!
Leah said…
I take pics of my knitted items outside. For socks, I put them on blockers too.
Leah said…
Hit enter too soon....I went to that website for the Rowan yarn and about lost my mind. I have been loving the looks of the Rowan Felted Tweed. I visited ten yarn shops in Atlanta this past weekend and the lowest price was $10 per ball. This site has them beat except for the color selection. Just so happens the color I want is there as well as a couple of balls of yarn. Thanks, just thanks, LOL.

Popular Posts