Time and Knitting


IMG_1794.JPG
Originally uploaded by kbshee
Knitting, I've found has its own rules of time. Two stand out in particular for me. First is the sleeve vortex. I've posted about this before, and if you've ever knit something with sleeves you've experienced this phenomenon of time. It takes forever, forever, to get through the sleeves. You could have knit many, many fronts and backs, as well as a few pairs of socks and some gloves and even a Mystery Stole or two during the same amount of time that it takes you to knit sleeves.

And the other one, which I've experienced a few times, is the "nothing is close to being doneohmygod look all these things are done" phenomenon. You know that one. Anyway, in the last 18 hours two projects became done or close to done. First, you see here the cardigan I've been working on. It needs seaming together, which for some reason no longer strikes fear into my heart. Off to do some pinning now (that's pinning, not spinning). Oh, and I forgot to tell you that Cody and Juneau both had good reports from the Vet this week. Yay them! And George, our Economic stimulus check that is in the mail and supposed to arrive today? Didn't. Guess the PO needs some economic stimulus too.

Comments

Carol said…
It's like a sweater angel on the floor! My God woman, you have clean floors...my table isn't that clean.