What is this with me and the bright socks?


IMG_1876.JPG
Originally uploaded by kbshee
This is the second sock in a row that has been brighter-than-bright. Not sure why....is it summer and the beautiful light? Because my regular color pallette is black, blue and grey. I do like a fun sock though.

Anyway, this is the faceted rib sock from Little Book of Knit Socks. It is a fairly simple pattern that is just complex enough to be interesting, but I can knit it while I read also.

It is so nice to do a lot of reading this summer. Last summer I taught and then Cody was sick, so I felt torn in a couple different directions. Now I tend to do some work in the morning and then take some time for reading in the afternoon. That's a nice perk to the academic life.

We've watched some Olympics but not a lot...we've never been big Olympics fans. We did get a little fascinated by the Tandem Diving though (when did THAT become a sport?). And I didn't join any of the Knitting Olympic groups...that just isn't my thing.

Are you watching the Olympics? And knitting? How is that going?

ps. Incredible Hulk-like hand is slowly getting back to normal. I realized that it looks more like Fiona's hand from Shrek (Fiona as an ogre, not as Cameron Diaz) and I've been sort of obsessing over how odd it looks.

Comments

Popular Posts