Purple is the New Black


IMG_2062.JPG
Originally uploaded by kbshee
I've been working for a few weeks on the Fylingdales Gansey from One Fine Fleece...it is turning out to be both a fast and fun knit. I bought the year..Classic Elite Tweedy Something...from someone on Ravelry and when it arrived I was sort of astonished how bright it was. Bright, bright purple, with flecks of red, yellow and green in it. Over the summer, I pretty much decided that at least, for me, purple is the New black and I've been amassing a sub-stash of purple yarns.



(As a matter of fact, I'm working on a shell and shrug in purple Kid Silk Haze, which I think is the ultimate purple color. I also bought some great purple yarn in the colorway 'amethyst' from Cherry Tree Hill, to make cable socks in One Fine Fleece. Anyway, I digress.)


IMG_2064.JPG
Originally uploaded by kbshee
Here is a closeup of the sweater (and this color looks sort of demin-ish, which believe me it is not. It is purple purple purple). The sweater is knit in the round, and the bottom half is plain stockinette. Then, there are some garter rounds (a 'welt' pattern) and then the upper half is the cable and seed stitch pattern. It looks really good, and this yarn shows the cables well.

About half of the cable pattern is knit in the round, and the second half is knit back-and-forth as you divide for the armholes. I've finished the back and I'm now working on the front. I can tell where it switched from in-the-round to back and forth but I don't think it is all that noticeable!

A fun knit, a fast knit, and I can't wait to wear it! The sleeves are picked up and knitted down, which I've never done before but I'm looking forward to that. And since this yarn felts, I've done spit splicing throughout...no ends to weave in!

It might be the perfect sweater!

Comments