The Purple Peplum


IMG_2198.JPG
Originally uploaded by kbshee
Yes, it is an odd photo.

Anyway, I finished the back of the purple peplum and instead of binding off I transferred it to a spare needle and I'll do a 3-needle bind off when the time is right. It's almost 28 inches long, by far the longest sweater I've ever knit, and so the sleeves should seem like a breeze! I like how it looks, and the pattern is well written, and Debbie Bliss Rialto DK is lovely.

I had some fears that I wouldn't have enough yarn...and of course it is discontinued...but I found one skein on Ravelry and them my amazing SIL Candace found four skeins in the correct dyelot through the yarn shop she works at ( Yarndogs, for those of you in the San Jose area) . So I feel more confident that I will have enough to finish this.


IMG_2189.JPG
Originally uploaded by kbshee
After several weeks of rain we're promised a sunny weekend; Tim and I are going to try to get the kayaks out for a quick paddle this afternoon. This means for this weekend: yardwork, Ducks, and some good walks with the dogs. Cody is feeling great! His appetite and energy are back, he's a happy guy (as you can see) and he seems like his old self. We're thrilled, and we're hoping these last few weeks (months?) continue to be happy for our little guy.

Comments

cshogan said…
Thanks for the plug for Yarndogs!
Anonymous said…
It looks like Cody has a prime spot for his dog bed. What a lucky dog he's been to have such a caring family!

technikat
Carol said…
So nice to see Cody looking so great! Undoubtedly, love has play a big role in his excellent condition. I know the knitting here is always great. I miss you!
Jeanne said…
The sweater is looking good! So glad Cody is feeling better...
rosy said…
yay! cody really looks like he's smiling!
i love that fire you have ~ looks so cosy!!