Happy Solstice!

Solstice! Solstice! I love summer solstice because the days start to be shorter, and winter solstice because the days start to be longer. Honestly, I'd be perfectly happy living on the equator to get 12 hours of light and 12 hours of dark per day. That would suit me fine.

The wintery weather has chosen to avoid Eugene; we've just had rain for the past few days, when only 100 miles north of here Portland is apparently snowed in. That's fine wtih me. I love snow when I don't own a car, and when the grocery store is two blocks away (as it was when I lived in both Boston and Chicago). Our traditional Oregon snow is on the ground first thing in the a.m. and gone by 10 a.m. This hanging around is just not for me.

We have been making sure that we are getting Christmas-y around here: out for festive holiday coffees yesterday (eggnog latte for Tim, peppermint mocha for me), putting up lights, and making cookies. A good winter weekend.

Comments

Popular Posts