New Year, New Project


IMG_2356.JPG
Originally uploaded by kbshee
Happy New Year's Eve, everyone! Best wishes for a happy and healthy 2009!

I started a New Year project..like I need an excuse to start a new project, but whatever. I haven't even thought about blocking and finishing the Debbie Bliss cable vent jacket, but maybe this weekend? Anyway, I started on another Debbie bliss pattern, the Silver Bells peplum that is a free giveaway at the Vogue.com website...it was part of their Silver Anniversary pattern offerings. Anyway, I like the design...it is a cardigan and you knit a sleeve and the front and backs in one piece, repeat for the other side, and then attach the peplum. Confused? Check it out here...top row, the last one on the right.

I'm making this out of Ultra Alpaca which has been in the stash forever, this yarn feels great and is lovely to work with, and shows up the cables even though it is fairly dark. So thumbs up on that!

We're having a quiet and peaceful NYE...Tim is making peanut sauce curry and then we'll find movies or something to watch. It is always a struggle to stay up til Midnight but we'll give it the old school try!

Comments

Popular Posts