First Socks from book


IMG_2412.JPG
Originally uploaded by kbshee
So in the last post I told you how much I liked the new book "Knitting Socks with Handpainted Yarn". I cast on for a pair, the Whirlpool socks, on Saturday. The socks have little beads as well as a pattern that goes round and round. I love it.

I've altered the pattern a bit by not doing the picot edge and by stringing the beads on as I go with a crochet hook instead of all at the start, but I think it matters little.

The yarn: Wollmeise Am Kater Polar. Lovely to work with and bright gorgeous blue and purple colors. The bead were in the bead stash.

In other news:
-I finished the DB sweater, the one with the weird sleeves. Sleeves still weird but maybe blocking will help.
-We shopped for environmentally friendly counter tops, and found a new product called Eco Top. Anyone heard of it?
-Another sock, using Dashing Dachs, is in the works.
-for some reason teh 'g' key is sticking on my computer. Too many cat feets on it I think.

Comments

KSD said…
Hmmmm. . . What could cats be typing that contains lots of "g"s???

Very pretty socks, by the way.