In Reverse!


IMG_2478.JPG
Originally uploaded by kbshee
Reverse Stockinette, that is.

This is that sweater I started a while ago...using Crayon by KnitPicks. It has been a good thing to work on when my head has been all stuffed up, and it can go pretty lickety split when I'm reading.

Note the contrasting blue stripe at the bottom. The sleeves have a red stripe around the bottom, and there's a collar around the V neck that is both blue and red. It should be a nice, bright and fun spring sweater.

Cotton isn't the easiest yarn to work with, but this isn't bad. I also like that it is very, very light (it's Pima cotton...does that make a difference?). It is also sort of loopy...not a boucle but not a smooth textured yarn by any means, and it makes a nice textured swetaer. The original pattern called for boucle but this seems to be a good substitute.

Tim is home safe and sound from visiting family in St Louis, so all is back to normal in our house.

Comments

KSD said…
I'm not so fond of reverse stockinette. And garter stitch --- which always sounds like a great, speedy idea, but never looks like I wish it did.

Health report?