A Great Day to be a Dog

We took the dogs to the canoe canal to celebrate yet another beautiful summer day. Cody had another up and down week...mostly characterized by a lack of appetite and very stiff joints...but we decided that a swim could only be a positive thing for him. And indeed it was. I made a little video of him swimming...listen very closely at the start and you'll hear him doing a little vocalization which in Cody language means "I'm so excited I just can't stand it please throw the float please please please."

Juneau, who has avoided the water for two years, seemed to change her mind about it yesterday. I was standing up to my knees in the canoe canal filming Cody and Juneau was walking in and out of the canal on her own accord. Then Tim came out in the canal, and Juneau followed him in and did her very first doggy paddle! Then she freaked out and stood on her back legs with her paws on my shoulders...we almost both fell in the water. But she can swim! We're so proud of her. And I think she's a bit proud too.

Enjoy the video.

Comments

KSD said…
Sweet as can be!
Bonnie said…
Thanks for sharing. What a great video.
Mary said…
Oh Man! I miss being in Oregon!!!!!! And so does my dog. Big time. Good to see a dog enjoying a swim.