Old Kitten and New Sweater

Rainy weather here, although I did get a picture of a black kitten in a sunbeam.

Pay attention, now, because I'm only going to go over this once. And yes, there will be a test. I've started this new sweater with the most interesting construction I've ever seen. You (meaning me) start by knitting two button bands, each 40" long. Then, you (meaning me) knit the back by knitting a wedge in between the bottom halves of two of the bands.

The sweater is on its side, and yes it looks like a loincloth, but stick with me now. Just sort of tilt your head to the left. Thank you for your cooperation.


Then, after the wedge is done, you (meaning me) pick up stitches on the OUTSIDE edges of the button bands and knit the entire right (or left) hand side of the sweater, one third the front, one third the sleeve, and one third the back.

So basically, each side of the sweater is knit side to side, and they are connected by the button bands. And the wedge thingee in the back gives it some shape that it might not have without the wedge thingee.


Sides gets kitchenered together and voila, a sweater. I'm excited. Rowan Calmer yarn, I love you. Any questions? Oh, I'd love to answer them, but our time is up now. We'll revisit this topic later.

I just noticed that in addition to a loincloth, it also looks like a bull head with horns, or maybe even a minotaur. What does it look like to you?

Comments

handeyecrafts said…
Honestly? Some sort of sanitary product.

Well, YOU asked!
Alyssa said…
That is one crazy construction! I think it looks like a cap/bonnet thingy that pilgrim women wore.
Liz said…
I am speechless....and so totally confused by this pattern....so, exactly what pattern are you using??? Love the braided look of the button bands.