So Let's see if this makes more sense.




How annoying is blogger today? Very. Anyway, the construction of this sweater is hard to get one's head around...I had to read the instructions and stare at the schematic for about an hour before it made sense. So. It starts with knitting the button bands, which you see here modeled by my pink t shirt. Then each side of the sweater is knit sideways off the button band. If you looks at the left hand side of the picture, you'll see some sideways cables coming off the button band.




Then, if you look at the back, you can see that the two button bands are joined by sort of a wedge that connects the two. This allows for some shaping in the sweater and also keeps the sideways cables from being 'too' sideways (you know how some of us don't look that good in horizontal stripes).

Finally, if you would stretch the whole thing out like on the picture a couple of posts down, you'll see the back part on the left hand side and the front' button bands on the rightwaiting for the sideways cables.

It sort of makes my head hurt.

Remember that I"ve got the whole 'side' on a long circ and so it doesn't lay out very flat.

It really is a cool construction. But very hard to explain.

Comments

Beverly said…
I'll be waiting to see this finished. I checked this pattern a few days ago. It looks lovely.
Ling said…
Wow! I've not seen this pattern before. It looks amazing!! I can't wait to see it finished.
handeyecrafts said…
Ah! *lightbulb*

It looks, however, as if someone has taken voo-doo sticks to your work.
Liz said…
thanks for posting the larger explanations - my light bulb just blinked on and I totally get it now. Very nice sweater!