How many socks


IMG_2655.JPG
Originally uploaded by kbshee
are too many socks?

I love knitting socks. I love knitting socks for me. I love knitting socks for Tim, but I don't knit quite as many for him as for me since I tend to pick out yarn I would like, and not yarn he would like (I do sometimes though honey!).

I don't make socks for family because there have been some negative comments about knitted socks. I have knit socks for my students when they graduate.

But mostly they're for me.

So how many socks are too many? I probably don't wear the first pairs I made...should I give them away? Should I switch to making other fun things using sock yarn, like gloves? And then how many would be too many of those?

Oh, the dilemma!

Socks: basic socks in Yarn Pirate yarn. That's all I got.

Comments

handeyecrafts said…
I don't think there exists such as term as "Too Many Socks."
Shannan said…
I've pondered the same question from time to time. It made my brain hurt, so I came to the conclusion that there is no such thing as too many socks.
fillyjonk said…
I sometimes feel guilty about all the socks I've knit for myself - living in Oklahoma, you really can't wear even part-wool socks from April until October. So I get to feeling guilty.

But then I lie down until that feeling goes away. I figure having lots of knitted socks is really minor on the Scale of Vice.

Popular Posts