Lace: And I'm not Yoke-ing!


IMG_2654.JPG
Originally uploaded by kbshee
OK lame title. Apologies.

One thing I've always wanted to knit was a top where the yoke was knit first and then stitches picked up for the body. I just think it is a cool type of construction. So when I saw the pattern for the Leaf Yoke Top in the new issue of Knit 1, I knew that I had to give it a try.

The pattern in Knit 1 uses a charcoal yarn with metallic in it, because nothing, NOTHING, says summer like dark yarn with metallic threads. So I had this green CALMER in the stash that I bought very cheap from Janette's Rare Yarns in the UK because the color is discontinued. I'm no designer, but I can't help but think that light green is a better color for a. a summer top and b. for a leaf motif.

So I finished the yoke.... it is a thirty row LACE pattern and can I had a woot woot for me since I knit a whole lace thing and didn't complain once?

I can't hear you! I have all day.

OK then, thanks. Anyway...it turned out good (not great...it is Lace after all and there a few little errors, but I think those errors can be in the back of the sweater). Now comes the picking up of stitches and then it is stockinette a go go til it is done.

I'm looking forward to it. And it also opens up a lot of nice design possibilities with that yoke (I'm thinking cables. Who's with me?)

Comments

rosy said…
gosh! it's beautiful ~ I love it: so delicate and pretty . . . and I LOVE the colour! It says 'England in the Thirties' to me . . . or worn by a woman in the village where Miss Marple lives?
handeyecrafts said…
WOOT WOOT!

(Can you hear me now?)
martha said…
wow, very intriguing! I'll have to check out that issue. I can't imagine walking around in the summer in a dark knit, even if it does have some metallic flash.....