An Open Letter to Summer


IMG_2657.JPG
Originally uploaded by kbshee
Dear Summer,

I know we've just recently become re-acquainted, but I was just wondering, do you want to be my new BFF?

I can't remember a time when I've been so eager for you to arrive, and so happy to be able to have you here. I'm not sure why (well, I can figure out some of the why's, all I have to do is reread my blog) but I'm ready to embrace you with wide open arms. Even on a day like today, when you're cloudy and you might get rainy but you might not, I want to just give you a big ol' hug.

Maybe it is because I read one of the best books ever over the past week (The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton) and it felt great to just get immersed into a book. Maybe it is because today I spent two hours knitting Hanami...look...here it is held up to a window....and I felt in control of the lace. (And just as an aside, why does every one promote sock knitting in summer? Because lace? It rocks.) Maybe it is because I've found the best creamsickles (sp?) at the grocery. Maybe it is because of some great talks with some good people over the past few days. Maybe it is because I think I could feel, literally feel, my blood pressure return to normal today. Who knows. And does it really matter?

Summer. I have a bit of a crush on you. But I think you could tell that.

Love from your friend,

me

Comments

Knitopia said…
I was just thinking about putting a Kate Morton book on hold at the library!
KSD said…
Summer is MINE! You back off.