Socks


IMG_2673.JPG
Originally uploaded by kbshee
These socks look a bit washed out, I know, but they are/were a good summer knit because of the high amount of bamboo in the fiber. Nice and light. The yarn is from Posh Yarns in the UK, which is a lovely company owned by a lovely lady and I'm sad to say I won't be buying any yarn from her for a while.

Nothing personal to Posh (or to any of the dozens of sock manufacturers represented in my stash), but my stash organizing? It is sort of suggesting to me that I have enough sock yarn. For a while.

How much you ask? Well, I finished organizing the sock yarn into the file cabinet. If I knit a pair of socks every two weeks, let's just say I have enough sock yarn to keep me busy for maybe 4 or 5 years.

But then that doesn't count the solid color yarn in the newly-christened solid color yarn bin.

Or the box of Koigu in the closet (it is a little box, honestly).

Or the big bag of Wollmeise in the closet.

So let's just assume that I don't need sock yarn for a while.

Comments

technikat said…
It's amazing how that sock yarn manages to reproduce in the stash! Finding out how much there actually is in stash is one of bittersweet things about organizing. It's nice to know you're not going to run out of yarn anytime soon, but, darn, you can't really justify buying any more yarn.

Popular Posts