Because it is 90 degrees outside...


IMG_2745.JPG
Originally uploaded by kbshee
...I'm knitting a mohair sweater.

I needed a 'mindless' project, and this fits the bill...a bulky weight sweater in the round with a light-as-air mohair yarn (Le Gran by Classic Elite in the natural color).

I've knit quite a bit more since this photo was taken, and it is still the same weight as a little dandelion puff ball. It is somewhat enchanting in that way.

Busy day. Ish. I gave a keynote speech at the kickoff breakfast for a great charity event: the American Diabetes Association walk a thon.

I did OK. You know that old theater adage about sharing the stage with kids? It is correct. Especially if the kids have diabetes! They were great kids; my speech on Corporate Social Responsibility really paled next to Rylie's new insulin pump. Anyway..I hope they raise a lot of money!

Then this afternoon after a noneventful conference call i donned goggles and helped Tim cut wood strips. Not to be outdone in the creativity department, Tim is building a kayak. By himself. Out of wood. Strips of wood. So today we made some of the strips. Which basically involved me making sure I didn't cut my fingers off on the whirling blade of the saw.

Good, good times.

Comments

KSD said…
Like the new color scheme, by the way. The word cloud is enchanting.

And, yes, only the most learned among us would work mohair in the summer.

Popular Posts