Joining the "Annoyed with Knitpick Options" club

I'm knitting my first sock from Cookie A's "Sock Innovation"...


...and let me interrupt myself. THis is a beautiful book, with gorgeous sock patterns, but my friends, I think those of you who have looked in this book will agree with me that these patterns are not for the timid. They are...complex.


....using my Knitpick options in size 2, which I've never really had a problem with, when the tip disconnected from the cord and fell off an entire side of cable knitted sockness.

Ugh.

I couldn't even find most of the stitches to pick them up.

Luckily the ugliness will be in the back of the sock. But I'm annoyed.

Comments

Beverly said…
I've worked several of them and some are not as hard as they look. I've been surprised at how easy it is to remember some of the repeats. I love this book.

Good luck and have fun.
kitkatknit said…
I didn't bother with the Cookie A book because of the Monkey sock. I finished the first one but wasn't entertained enough to bother with the second one. Too much work for the product? I guess I just don't care for the popular sock of the week.
handeyecrafts said…
"Annoyed" reads very much like a euphemism.
Marcy said…
I'm starting to hate Knitpicks. I'm knitting socks with their self-striping yarn now, and there are always tangles that are impossible to get out and need to be cut, and I can never get both socks to match up stripes, because I'm cutting and joining so much. Their wooden needles break easily, and their metal needles bend easily.