Summertime! Mohair!


IMG_2793.JPG
Originally uploaded by kbshee
So I mentioned a while back I was making a mohair sweater in the summer (because nothing says hot weather knitting like a mohair sweater).

If you haven't knit with mohair, you might not be familiar with some of its fiberous joys (she said facetiously). There isn't a whole lot of give, and it is very dangerous to tink.However, a seamless raglan SS pullover seems to be just the ticket for this fiber. I'm using Le Gran Mohair, which really has beautiful colors (although I'm using off white) and a nice feel and texture.

I'm currently working on the yoke, which is going fast since, of course, I'm decreasing 8 stitches per round every other round. This should be in FO land by the weekend.

Comments

handeyecrafts said…
It's lovely, but my nose did get a little tickly/itchy reading about the mohair.

Popular Posts