Blur


IMG_2816.JPG
Originally uploaded by kbshee
The past few weeks have gone by in a blur...first the trip to the coast, then saying goodbye to Cody, then the horrible days after we said goodbye to Cody, then pulling myself together for a weekend trip to Ashland, Oregon, then getting back into the swing of school stuff.

Classes haven't even started yet, and I'm worn out.

Thank you for all your kind words about Cody. It still hurts....and I still have those 'automatic' 'Where's Cody" thoughts at random times. Juneau is being a very good girl and being my constant companion, and I do appreciate it. While they'll never be another dog like Cody, we will love another dog again.

Ashland was good...I was still a bit raw emotionally so what better balm is there than seeing some Shakespeare plays? Kidding. Ashland is the home of the Oregon Shakespeare Festival which rotates nine different plays across three stages, including an outdoor Elizabethan theatre. We saw "Much Ado" and "Henry VIII" at the outdoor theater, and then an incredibly awesome "MacBeth" at the Bowmer Theater (an indoor theatre, pretty intimate, and this production was just chilling). That was the highlight for me, plus I had started to pull out of the funk by the time we got to that guaranteed-to-put-a-smile-on-your-face Crowd Pleaser the Scottish Play.

There has been mindless knitting, but I also realized that I finished a pair of socks that I hadn't shown you yet. Everyone in the pool! A pair knit from the same ball of yarn. Crazy.

Oh...went to the Web*Sters in Ashland and bought some discounted Mountain Colors. Score.

OH! and my nominee won the Knitter's Hunk contest at Kim, my good Twin's blog . I also was tied for the awrd winning colorway. Double score.

Comments

handeyecrafts said…
I wondered how Juneau was --- is she missing Cody, too?

I may be the only knitter who actually likes pooling. Sort of look forward to it, actually. NOW, who's the bad twin???
Sheila E said…
I'm glad to hear that you had a good time in Ashland! You needed to be good to yourselves!
Only time heals our wounds...and luckily the good memories never go away.