Long Weekend!

I love a long weekend. Even when it is sort of cold and sort of wet (ok very wet) here in Oregon, it is nice to have time to catch our breaths, think some thoughts, and enjoy some time with family and friends.

We had a nice TG with our friend Sterling and the dogs and even an appearance from Jessie the Cat, who rarely comes out to say hello. We spend the morning cleaning and much of the afternoon cooking, with intervals for WII and chatting and my famous artichoke heart dip (artichoke hearts, mayo, parm, bake for 45 minutes, yum).

I found this meme on my good twin Kim's blog and thought I'd do it today in lieu of my usual Pilot-and-knitting blather. PS...Kim has a new Etsy Shop that you should probably check out if you want some great holiday gift ideas.

Anyway, here goes:
What are your current obsessions?
Do I have a current obsession? It might be finding chew toys for Pilot that he doesn't finish up in ten minutes.

Which item from your wardrobe do you wear most often?
White tee from J Crew.

What’s for dinner?
It's the day after Thanksgiving, wanna take a guess?

What’s your greatest fear at the moment?
That the term will never end.

What are you listening to?
"Fresh Tracks" on KLCC.

If you were a goddess what would you be?
The Goddess of Pups, where they would all freeze in their evil puppy play the minute I rest my gaze upon them, and after a moment they would scamper over and fall into a sleepy puppy pile at my feet.

What are your favorite holiday spots?
Our cozy room, in front of the fire.

What are you reading right now?
I'm about to start on "Wolf Hall", because one can never read too many fictional accounts of the reign of King Henry VIII.

What is your guilty pleasure?
Sleep and chocolate, but not simultaneously.

Who or what makes you laugh?
Tim. Pilot. The stupid things students say (if I get past the frustration part). The good twin. Glee.

What is your favorite spring thing to do?
I live in Oregon. It's the same things as my fall and winter things. Go ducks!

What is the best thing you ate or drank?
Chocolate volcano cake, and Steak Diane from Cafe Soriah.

When was the last time you were tipsy?
Either the last time I had a glass of wine or a shot of Nyquil.

What is your favourite ever film?
Probably "The Player."

What is the biggest lesson you’ve learned from your children?
My children are dogs, and the lesson is "It's all good."



What song can’t you get out of your head?
Right now it is "Elenore" from the Turtles, because it was in a xword this morning.

What book do you know you should read but refuse to?

I don't refuse to read "Ulysses", but have just never gotten around to it.

What is your favourite color?
Purple.

What do you like to think about while you are waiting to fall asleep?
Living in a castle in England.

Comments

handeyecrafts said…
Aw, such nice things you said about me. See --- you can be a good twin, too.
kitkatknit said…
Elenore, gee I think you're swell. Now I'll be singing that all day too! Funny how I hadn't heard it in years but know all the words. I love mid to late 60's rock.